Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Second Week of the MTC

This week has been soooooooo much better. I am actually used to my whole new schedule. I still don't have any idea what people are saying when they are speaking Japanese but its getting better. I now can pray in Japanese and I can even say a few things about my testimony so that is actually really exciting. I am also starting to learn Hiragana So I know about 20 of those characters I only need to learn 26 more.. but that is just one alphabet there are about 3 others but I am not going to learn those they said to just focus on the one I am learning now. So it is coming, slowly but surely. I am so grateful for my sensei he is amazing and really is such a great help. It is crazy to think that he is only like 22 and already has such a great knowledge of Japanese and can be such a great teacher. I really feel the spirit in class. We do all these things called mogis, (skits) and its crazy how much you can learn and feel the spirit in a pretend investigator. The other day we got out investigator to pray that was amazing. She was so hesitant at first, in fact the first thing she told us is that she doesn't want to be baptized but she said a prayer and it was so amazing, So I am really hoping that she will change her mind about it. ( she isn't a real investigator she is pretend) Even with that fact the spirit is really there and its awesome. But I am a disaster in the lessons because we are trying not to write a script haha so like I have no idea how to form sentences or anything the only real sentence I have memorized is God loves you! haha so i mean i guess i could just say that over and over again but i don't really think that would be the best thing. It's funny because there are like huge awkward pauses when nothing is being said and we are all just staring at each other.  But it is crazy being able to see the huge change from  just the 3rd day of being here and teaching her compared to our 6th lesson with her.  


I am going to do my best to look for Elise!!! I better see her or I am going to be mad I told her where I am living and what class room I am in.  Oh Mitch was a cute critter, gotta love that kid :) and I really am excited for Jake to come. I know that we aren't like really close but it will be great hopefully he is in my zone! Because next Monday a bunch of people from my zone are leaving so hopefully he can be in my zone then we would see each other a ton. He is going to love it here. At first he might hate it and want to come home and cry all the time in the shower but after the first week it gets better. It is still hard as ever but its getting better so that makes me happy!! Make sure to tell me when Amy gets her call I hope it is to TOKYO!!
 
 
I don't know how Kate is doing it. Her mission seems so hard and such a stresser and I thought the first week here was hard haha I am very grateful for where I am going and the trials I am having compared to Kates. But that is such an amazing experience. Kate is going to be the best missionary and I am so happy for her, this will bless her life so much! You should always send me her emails  I  just love her so much!! 
 
 
Thank you so much for the packages I really love getting them and I really love getting mail. It helps me out a ton. It makes me realize that yanno E you can do this. People think that it would make me home sick, but it doesn't, it makes the days better when you have been tested so hard and been thrown heaps of Japanese and the gospel in my brain. It is relaxing getting letters and packages. I loved the HiChews ahh those are my favorite and those cookies are delicious!! I love a good ginger snap! Next time you go you need to try some of their peanut butter they have like all these really good flavors haha try one and pick your favorite and send it to me with a spoon and I will eat it!  SO I really miss del taco....  but you don't need to send that to me because I don't know how that will work out. Maybe send me like a coke.
 
 
That letter from Tim Brown was so kind! I really appreciated it, as weird as this might sound everything he said I know exactly what he is meaning. The first week really tested me and took me to my wits end. My hand was clear up here!! Past my head and as high as I could reach :) haha  but it was good. I am very thankful for that. The two other girls in my room are pretty cool. One is a HUGE BYU fan so that makes it hard she talks like they are the greatest thing in the whole world.. It gets pretty annoying. She is also from Texas and that's just a whole nother story. Some people take way too much pride in themselves and where they are from, the best part is she has only lived there for like 2 years.. so can you really consider yourself from Texas??  But the other one is so sweet and is from Wyoming and went to Utah State I really like her. We have a couple of inside jokes together so its great! Me and my companion are doing so much better and are getting a long better. We just have complete opposite personalities but in a way I think is a good thing. but it would be cool if Alisa was my companion, that would be the bomb.
 
I Love you so much and the things that I have learned this week are:
 
1- faith, don't let your faith that you already have disappear. At times I think we tend to do that. We need something and need the Lord so deeply I think we forget about the faith we already have right now. WE must always keep our faith we have and let that faith grow and develop into more faith. You know, you can never have too much faith!!. 
 
2- It is the Lords will not mine. I am His servant and I am doing His work. He will answer all of my prayers but He will do it on His time and not on mine!
 
 XOXO Brown Shimai
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: