Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week 4 of the MTC

I am doing pretty well the mtc is treating me fairly  good for now. Lets just say that I am getting use to it and I am actually really having a great time here hahah. Its nice having a strict routine and always being busy. My japanese is slowing making progress! I memorized the missionary purpose in Japanese last week so thats a step, next up the first vision. That will be a real treat for sure. Hopefully I will be able to do it. SO exciting news, I am in the choir for general Relief Society meeting!! I can't wait until Saturday!! Wahhh its going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity! I am very lucky to be blessed with this. I am still not sure how I made it in the choir because I have like THE worst singing voice and I have no choir experience. But i don't even care!! I am just so excited that I am going to be singing in it!! 
 
I see Jake Brown all the time! So far he seems to be doing good, he might just be acting tough around me, I couldn't tell you for sure!  But it's fun actually talking to him, He never has talked this much to me before, I love it hahah. We pretty much were in the same boat about coming to the mtc  having no prior knowledge of Japanese, unlike everyone else in our district. We aren't in the same zone/branch so that's lame but I still see him all the time! I only have like 4 and half more weeks here I can't believe its already gone by so fast!! 
 
 
So my sleeping hasn't gotten much better. I am like sleep talking all night long and doing weird stuff haha, but I do have hope, my companion said that last night I was sleep talking all in Japanese.. Well if only I could do that when I was awake!! Tonight is our last night for having our devotionals at the Marriott center how sad.. I love that little freedom of crossing the street and and being outside of the mtc for a few hours.. The only bummer is that I am going over to BYU when we leave! I am so glad that UTAH WON! On Saturday I wore red and I also wore red on Sunday too. It was so crazy walking back to my little dorm thing and hearing the game!  The whole time I was hoping that Utah was going to win! and sure enough they did!!  Brandon told me that the BYU fans were like throwing garbage and stuff at the refs, what a shame.

Thanks you so much for the package!! what a treat! It's great getting some of my favorite foods and such, and yes I just got grannies and grandpa's  package yesterday!! Lets just say everyone was jealous of me when they saw me walking in with that huge box! I am so grateful for them.
 
I can't wait until I get to Japan and I get the chance to change lives in so many important ways. It will be the best feeling ever!  It is crazy! only 17 more months.. I am so afraid they are going to go by way too fast!  I love my mission so much and I am so grateful to be serving the Lord, he has taught me so much in my life and I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for Him!! 
 
I love you so much and hope all is well :) keep having fun
xoxo 
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment