Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Friday, January 16, 2015

Priesthood Blessings

Mom and Dad
 
This week has been a whirlwind that is for sure.
Things are so amazing and our investigators are progressing like none
other! It's amazing. We had some way cool things happen this last
week.
But I am stuck. Lately I have been thinking about so many things that
have happened on my mission. All the people I have met. The people who
I have shared the gospel with. The list just goes on and on and on.
And my heart breaks. I want so badly to see them again. I want so
badly to go back to church in Nagaoka and Kiryu.To be able to sit down
and visit with all my friends there, to teach them again, to share my
testimony, to laugh with them, to hug them. Like it's weird. We have
been so busy here in Urawa. We are teaching so many people. I have
never been so happy yet part of my heart hurts. It's such a weird
feeling. Yeah I don't know what's wrong with me. I think it's because
I finally am realizing that I won't transfer back to those places. And
it makes me question if I will ever see these people ever again in my
life.
 
Transfers aren't for a few more weeks. Like the beginning of February.
So that is exciting. But it makes me nervous. I don't know who any one
is in the mission anymore... Haha so I am worried about my next
companion. But it's all good. I know she will be great!
 
This past week we had such an amazing lesson with Eri. We talked with
her lots about baptism. She said that is is something that she wants.
Eri has a serious medical problem that just makes everyday life hard
for her. It has something to do with her skin. And she has to take all
the steroids to help her but it only helps and little and then has all
these crazy side effects. At church last week we talked about the
priesthood and at our lesson she brought it up. Sister combs and I
both felt very strongly to ask Eri if she would want to receive a
priesthood blessing.  She quickly responded with yes, I want one. So
that night we met at the church. Elder ishikawa was the one who
blessed her. He gave her such a wonderful blessing. I am never going
to forget the spirit that filled the room. Eri was so touched and felt
like God really understand her. She couldn't believe all the things
that elder ishikawa said. She said he addressed her problems and
concerns and worries without her even telling him. She knew that it
was because if God that he was able to give her such an amazing
blessing.
 
This week I realized how powerful the gospel truly is. The gospel
changes lives. It's heals people and helps them when times are hard. I
know that the power of the priesthood is real. And I know that God
loves every single one of us no matter what. This past week, with
studying and teaching I came across a scripture that has a completely
new meaning to me.
DC 18:10
The worth of souls is great in the sight of God.
Even though we might be have hard times in our life, it doesn't mean
that God doesn't love us. God knows each one of us. He wants every
single one of his children to come back to him!
 
Love ya lots
 XOXO
sister brown

No comments:

Post a Comment