Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I am turning 21‏


Mom and Dad
 
Another week in Nagaoka. I love it here soooooo much. I could spend
the rest of my mission here. But the sad thing is... Time if flying by
way to fast and I don't like it one bit..
This last week I had to speak in church. I was way nervous... That was
the first time besides the occasional fast Sunday. So scary yo. I had
been preparing all week. And yes, father I want you to know that I can
keep up with the missionaries in salt lake :)
I will share my talk with you when I get home from my mission haha
 
This past conference there was an awesome talk given by Jean A.
Stevens. She said something, remarkably profound in it, well at least
I think so anyways. "not every prayer is answered so quickly. But
truly our Father knows us and hears the pleadings of our hearts. He
accomplishes His miracles one prayer at a time, one person at a
time.We can trust that He will help us, not necessarily in the way we
want but in the way that will best help us to grow. Submitting our
will to His may be difficult, but it is essential to becoming like Him
and finding the peace He offers us." The other day in sacrament
meeting I found myself questioning the power of prayer. There have
been so many times when I have prayed so hard to see a little miracle
or that Heavenly Father would help an investigator come to church. And
he has done it, he has answered my prayers. But why not this time, why
not last week? I prayed just as hard and with as real intent but
nothing. Then it came to me. Yeah Heavenly Father answered my prayers
then and this time he will answer them. Maybe he knew that I needed
that to happen or maybe this time he is saying come on brown Shimai I
have that person out there waiting for you and I am trying my hardest
to lead you to them, I just need you to work as hard. I know that
Heavenly Father hears every single one of our prayers and I know that
he will always answer every single one of them.
 
I got your package!! Thank you so much, I couldn't resist and I had to
open it... But I haven't opened the wrapped presents yet, I will wait
for Thursday :) I loved the candy and everything in it! Thank you so
much. Emily pace also sent me a birthday package! I opened it too...
She gave me some candy and a really cute shirt, I wore it in Sunday
for my talk! And then sister Ivory had her family send me a
package for my Birthday. It was so great!! I was a box of airheads!!
Haha what a great present!! I love air heads. Anyways can you believe
I am 21 well almost. I can't. I still feel like a baby.. Haha.
 
I can't believe everyone is getting their mission calls. Like wow all
the grandparents rock. Such great examples. I am so blessed to have
the grandparents that I have!! 
 
It sounds like things are going pretty good in the family!! Mom start
feeling better soon! Sounds like vacations are going to be fun! I
can't wait until next year I get to see the grass and the yards, no one
here has yards. Like a front yard and a back yard is just crazy talk!
Anyways I love Japan. Thanks for being the best! Love you all and miss
you all!!
XOXO
Sister Brown
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment