Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Temple day

Mom and Dad
 
Wow where do I being! This week was a really good week. Things are
really moving here for me and sister Johnson. I am glad I am able to
serve here in Urawa.
 
So the train picture, that is from when I was able to meet up with
akane. When we were leaving she was on the other side of the train
platform and was able to catch the quick picture of me before the
train left. Haha don't be worried! Things are all good here.
 
Lizzy sounds cute! I am happy for her. She is already such a great
missionary! It's going to be cool being able to talk about our mission
differences haha. Because there will be lots haha!! She thinks she
walks a lot..please! I have decided I will probably just use
public transportation for the rest of my life, or just ride a bike
everywhere. I have forgotten how to drive I think especially since I
am used to the other side of the road now. I will probably just have to
hire a driver for me. Ha japan is great right now though! Lately it
has been chilly and rainy which I don't really like but it's all good.
All I have to say is... I wish that it was snowing rather than raining
The rain is a pain ha!
 
So for pday we went to the temple and it was amazing!! We watched the
new video like newest one or something. It was way good!!! Oh my gosh
I think it was my favorite by far!
 
This week Ma came to church and it was amazing. Ma is amazing. She is
truly searching for the truth. And she knows that we are holding the
answers for her. When We taught her the plan of salvation she was
literally just eating it up! And she is super excited to read the Book
of Mormon as well. She loves when she reads the bible and receives
answers from it and can feel gods love and everything so she is way
excited to have the same experiences from reading the Book of Mormon.
So basically all my investigators right now are Chinese, like no joke
haha! If only I could speak Chinese. Ha on Saturday we had a lesson
with these two Chinese girls we are teaching and they loved it. Like
by the end of the lesson they asked us if they could have their own
copy of the Book of Mormon! It was awesome. I know that once china can
officially and legally and safely have missionaries all over china,
china is going to explode. Like the Chinese people are being so
prepared it is crazy! They all want this gospel so bad! I am so pumped
for that day!!  Also yesterday we were housing and we were at the like
creepy like sketchy looking apartment and I even thought what the heck
are we doing here but it felt right and so we began and nothing
happened. We didn't get anything from anyone. No one was answering
their door until.... This guy answered. We introduced out selves and
asked of he has ever been to church and he was like yeah. And so we
told him where our church was and he was like wait I know that church
and then described that church. He continued on saying how he use to
go there when he was younger! It was way cool! He was loving it. And
he just kept talking about it, we aren't sure if he is a member or not
but whatever happens I know he will be active one day! He and his wife
are really interested in the blood drive we are having on Saturday and
also his wife like, really really loves English and she is going to
come to our english class tomorrow. I am way excited! The tender
mercies of missionary work! 
 
Dad!! That is so awesome! I am so happy that you followed that
promoting from the spirit. I will be sure to keep him in my prayers!!!
:) it's funny because you would never guess that he isn't a member.
That awesome dad! Being a missionary is the greatest feeling ever! You
and mom will have to try it out some time :)
 
I am glad to hear that murray is picking it up! That will be exciting
for them! And how about them utes!! Are you getting ready for
Halloween, the the annual scones and soup going on at the brown house
hold again? Haha Those pumpkins are huge! Hey well I gotta run! We
gotta go ride 45 minutes to visit a less active member!! Have a rad
day! Talk to you next week!!
Loves
XOXO
Sister Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment