Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A White Christmas in Kiryu‏

Well!!
Our investigator was baptized on SUNDAY!! Ahh it was awesome. I am so humbled by this amazing experience. The first lesson he ever had with the missionaries was on the first Sunday that I got here. It was a fast Sunday.  And then he was baptized the next fast Sunday. It just proves that yes, the lord is preparing the hearts of the people in Japan. He was so prepared. I remember the first lesson. He like taught us. We hadn't even shared about the restoration and he told us that he decided to live the word of wisdom and he thinks that he can pay his tithing every paycheck!! LIKE WHAT??! haha it was too classic like we pretty much asked him what he wanted to learn each lesson and then we would teach him that. One night he called us and asked us how he could get the liahona!! haha it was so awesome. I am so blessed to be here and to have gotten to Japan the time that i did. President Budge is truly inspired by the lord for giving us this challenge and this promise. We also have another baptismal date! It is set for the beginning of January but I think we might actually try to have it in December so we shall see. The kiryu ward is so small!! The number of leaders in primary is more than the number of kids... haha There are 3 kids in primary. SAD. I think the ward maybe has a total of 23 active members. Soooo... yeah... I can't imagine being the bishop of this ward. We are trying our hardest to activate less active members and part member families our goal is to find a family and have a family baptism. Please pray for the kiryu ward!!
 
AHHHHHH the Temple. OH MY GOSH. I love it. The temple is amazing. It truly is the house of the Lord. I am so blessed to have a Temple in my mission and that i have the opportunity to go to it. So we watched the old movie. It's still not translated. It's funny because since we have such a big group and our mission is like all English speakers the Japanese people have to wear translators to their own Temple. but it was beautiful. Like it looked just like a Temple on the inside but it was still like Japan. Very Japanese. The Celestial room was amazing. The stained glass windows were amazing. I loved it. I have pictures but I am sending them to you for Christmas!! SO yeah we go to the Temple once a transfer and its always the last pday before transfer calls.
 
So thank you for the package!!! I almost died at some of those pictures. haha and the names,oh gosh it was amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH, TELL THE WARD THAT I LOVE THEM AND I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THEIR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!
 
Japan is weird, I don't like the fact that they don't have thanksgiving. and its just the fact that they have no idea about Christ and have no Christ for Christmas really just breaks my heart. They have no idea what the true meaning of Christmas is. We are doing our best to teach it to them. We are having a Christmas concert on the 21st so that should be good and guess who is singing.. haha sounds like a mistake huh??  hopefully I don't make too many people cry.

My eps is coming in. I am doing pretty good. the only problem is i have no idea what way is north east west south... so that's makes directions really hard. there are no street names here or numbers or house numbers. WHAT A JOKE. I can get us to the area but I never know what house to go to because I can't read kanji haha so i never know what house names say GOOD thing I have sister Taketomi!! I love her.
 
I love you all so much!!
 
XOXO
I can't wait to hear from you next week!!
 
Sister Brown swag sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment