Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year‏

Well Let me just say!!! It was so great talking to all of you on Christmas!! I miss you all but I am really happy to be here in Japan! Like No Joke Japan is so awesome. I love it here. even though it is windy and cold and I have no idea what I am eating half of the time and I never know what people are saying to me, I love it here.

I am not really sure what to tell you this week. It has been crazy. On Christmas we went and visited some of our investigators and sang them some songs and had lots of fun with them, then we taught an English class! It was fun. We taught two of our investigators about baptism and did a little interaction thing with them so they could see what baptism and getting the holy ghost is like.  it was really awesome. They loved it. This week I have a lesson with them and I am going to set a baptismal date with them!! I hope so at least.This past week we did lots of exchanges, needless to say I am exhausted from them. Its hard enough waking up at six thirty. having to wake up at five thirty is just asking wayyy too much of me haha just joking... I love it here. So I will wake up whenever I have too.

We had zone conference with president budge this past week. IT was so great!! Gosh, so awesome. So many questions that I have been having lately were answered. it was just what i needed to hear. Some of the things that I learned are:  Be united with the Savior. If you pray in faith you will see the mighty miracles of the Lord. They Savior is here to help us. All we need to do is ask him. In 3 nephi 28 vs 1 he says What is it that you ye desire of me? If we have righteous desires in our hearts then we need to ask them. The Lord doesn't get tired of hearing from us or answering our prayers. But we need to always remember this, when we are sincerely asking for something  and we receive the answer or the revelation we must do our part and act on it. If we don't do anything with the answers that we are receiving we won't continue to get answers from Heavenly Father. Prayer is so powerful!! As long as we use it the correct way.

I love the ward here. They are so amazing. This Christmas they gave us so much stuff!! Like I honestly can't explain how grateful i am for them. The love they show me is awesome even though we can hardly talk because my Japanese is so terrible i can still feel all the love they have for me. its awesome. I really wish you could come meet all these people here in kiryu!!

I don't know I am just really happy right now where I am at in my life. I am so happy to be on a mission I am so happy to be here serving the Lord! I am so happy for all the amazing blessings in my life. I am so lucky and I have such an amazing family. Heavenly Father knows that this is so hard from me, but he is here by my side. He isn't letting me do this on my own. He has given me an awesome companion and such an amazing support system. This is how you fully use the power of the Atonement. It gives me the power to enable my self to be a missionary. I can receive the courage and the strength that I need daily because of the power of the Atonement!!!

I love you so much!! Thank you for you love and support!! 

 XOXO 

Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment