Japan Tokyo Mission 8/13 - 2/15

Monday, May 26, 2014

Halfway/Amazing Weekend

 
Oh my gosh can you believe it!!! I am halfway through my mission. I am
dying right now. Like this is going by way tooooooooo fast!
 
So this weekend was truly amazing. It was just simply amazing. I
needed this weekend so much. So we were able to go to the temple on
Friday night. The coolest part was this time the session was in
Japanese and I had to use the English translation. That was such a
neat experience for me. What I loved about it was that I was able to
understand it. Like I could understand what was being said in
Japanese. That right there was an answer to my prayers. I knew that
Heavenly Father is watching over me and that this is his work and he
will help me. He is there with me every step of the way. It was such a
great feeling. Then on Saturday we had the cook conference. Elder cook
was amazing. What I loved most about this meeting was that I didn't
leave it feeling like I wanted to die and that I was the worst
missionary in the whole world. Which was perfect haha. Elder Cook
really personalized this meeting for us. It was so awesome. Something
I really liked is that he talked about how Japan is such a different
place in the world. He said it's not like other missions. Japan isn't
a Christian country. It's just not. And that gives it different
challenges of its own. Something I like that he said was when we get
our mission calls, we aren't just assigned to a place, we are assigned
to a mission president and a people. I am here for the lords purpose.
Do not under estimate who I am, why I am here, where I am at. Mission
calls are inspired. They have great meaning and they will have great
meaning in the future. I know that a mission is the best decision I
have ever made in my whole life. I know that it is blessing me now and
will continue to bless me for the rest of my life. He is awesome. And
I also got to shake his hand so that is cool. I was a little nervous
because I feel so inadequate shaking an apostles hand, but it was
great. We smiled at each other and made eye contact. Haha
 
Yesterday we didn't have any investigators at church. So sad. But oh
well. Next week we will have some. I know. Next Sunday Elder Onda is
coming to out branch!! So that will be exciting. He is like a japan
area 70 or something. He was just barely made one. So he is fresh
so I am very excited!!
 
Well I hope your weekend was just as exciting as mine. It sure sounds
like it was. I am so happy for Haley and Brandon. They are darling. I
am happy for Brandon. I am excited to meet Haley. Wow it looked like
the whole family was there. That is so fun!! It looked like it was
amazing wedding. I am happy for the two of them. They rock!! I am
sorry I had to miss it but I was lucky and got to meet an apostle this
weekend so I think they are both pretty comparable for having an
awesome weekend!! I hope the open house is just as fun :)
 
Have an awesome week!! I love you all so much.
 
XOXO
Sister Brown


 

No comments:

Post a Comment